Adsterra Hamilton "slowly bonding" with new Ferrari car - Question Highlight

Search Suggest

Hamilton "slowly bonding" with new Ferrari car

After completing a total of 115 laps in his new 2025 challenger.

from last season.

The seven-time F1 world champion was participating in pre-season testing in Bahrain, where he stated he is familiarizing himself with the SF-25.

He stated: "It's a bit too soon to tell, but I'm really taking a liking to the car. We're gradually developing a connection."

“Yesterday was an average day. It was satisfactory. But yesterday we completed all of our scheduled run plan.”

We're currently testing various aspects, so I'm not making any adjustments to the settings or guiding the car's path. We're simply going through the routine steps.

Today was a bit of an opportunity to explore my interaction with my engineer in more detail. So far, I'm really enjoying driving this car.

Lewis Hamilton, Ferrari SF-25

Photo by: Ferrari

Lewis Hamilton has spent 12 seasons with Mercedes and is currently taking time to adjust to driving a Ferrari F1 car for the first time in his career. As a result, he is working through various set-up options.

He added: "For now, there's still a lot to discover, and I'm gradually extracting a bit more each time."

All the settings are quite distinct. So even just brake bias and all those kinds of things, it's much different to what I was used to in the previous location.

It's not about forgetting what I previously learned, but rather re-acclimating to this new method of driving and the car's preferences.

It prefers to be driven in a different way. And that's a really enjoyable journey to learn. But for now, it feels like the car is right there beneath me. I feel that the car is reacting to my inputs.

“Today was a day with a lot of progress, and we're making steady progress in setting everything up. There's still a lot of work ahead of us.”

Hamilton says he's feeling revitalized and enthusiastic about his move to Ferrari, stating that his transition to the team couldn't have gone any smoother.

He was observed in Bahrain by Ferrari chairman, John Elkann, who made a rare appearance at the testing session.

Frederic Vasseur, Ferrari, John Elkann, Ferrari Chairman and Chief Executive Officer

Image by: Clive Rose / Motorsport Images

Hamilton said: "Starting well is crucial. This past month couldn't have progressed any differently, and it couldn't have progressed any more successfully."

The days we've had so far have been truly meaningful and focused on laying a solid foundation. Despite having to pack a lot into a short time frame, we've avoided rushing through the process.

We've been busy, but we've made the most of our time, putting in very long hours, day after day, because that's what we're here for.

Read Also: Hamilton pledges to "just keep fighting" in the face of Trump's opposition to diversity Leclerc's life in the shadows since the arrival of Hamilton at Ferrari F1 Bahrain 2025 Pre-Season Test: Sainz Tops Ferrari Pair on Second Day

I firmly believe that it will have a positive impact in the long run, the efforts that have been put in, the concentration, the communication, the improvements we've made, but there will also be more developments in the coming six-to-eight months.

This will be a continuous process, but it has felt smooth and natural. It's felt effortless in terms of fitting in with the team.

We've managed to achieve it naturally, without any pressure, and I feel completely comfortable.

Post a Comment

Ad Space

Responsive Advertisement

Advertisement